Nigeria Newspapers Online

We’ll not bow to threats, says LASG

Must Read

The Lagos State Government has said it will not fold over its decision to reclaim the drainage right of way within the seven-metre setback despite reported threats and propaganda from some quarters in the state.

The state government made this vow on Thursday through the Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Mr. Tokunbo Wahab.

Wahab had earlier said a seven-day contravention notice had been issued to the owners of the buildings whose structures encroached the seven-meter drainage setback on Orchid Road., Agungi, Ajiran, Conservation Road, Osapa, and Oral Estate II along the Ikota River in the Lekki area of the state.

The state government said the contravention notice was issued following several stop-work notices served on the owners of the structures before stressing that the “enforcement will commence” upon expiration of the deadline.

This clampdown reportedly raised a lot of concerns with claims that the government was targeting certain ethnic groups, especially on social media.

Reacting to this claim on his X handle, @Tokunbo_Wahab, on Thursday, the commissioner insisted that the government would no longer allow a breakdown of the law and “anyhowness” in the state.

“We are not going to bow to any propaganda, blackmail, or threat. No one can break the law and still benefit from it. The law will take its course. The era of ‘anyhowness’ is completely over!” Wahab stated.

Contact:

Nigeria Newspapers Telelgram
Nigerian Gospel Radio
Nigerian Gospel Radio

You may 've missed...

Court stops enforcement of Ganduje’s suspension from APC

Former Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje A Federal High Court in Kano has ordered the purported suspension of the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress,  Abdullahi Ganduje, by his ward, be stopped. The ruli

Latest Updates

See More Stories Like This