Seven things you don’t know about Hassan Imam new MD/CEO Keystone Bank
Published By: Kazeem Ugbodaga
Mr. Hassan Imam, an astute banker was on Wednesday appointed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Keystone Bank.
His appointment came after the apex bank dissolved the board of Keystone Bank.
Below are seven key things about him:
1. Imam studied Economics for his bachelor’s degree and obtained two master’s degrees, including an MBA.
2. He is a certified accountant and had attended executive Programme at Harvard Business School, Wharton and other top institutions.
3. He has over 25 years of banking experience and held various executive roles during his career.
- Just In: CBN appoints new CEOs for Union, Keystone, Polaris Banks
- JUST IN: CBN sacks boards of Union, Keystone, Polaris Banks
- CBN assures depositors of safety of funds in Titan Trust, Keystone banks
4. Imam is a Fellow of the Institute of Credit Administration, an Associate Member of Chartered Public Accountants, an alumnus of Oxford University and Pan-Atlantic University, and a Senior Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
5. He had served as Executive Director for the North Region at Fidelity Bank since January 2020 and was responsible for Fidelity Bank’s commercial, SME, consumer, and public sector business in 19 Northern Nigerian states, including Abuja.
6. Imam joined FSB International Bank in 1998 before it merged with Fidelity Bank in 2005.
7. He also served as General Manager and rose on the Board of Directors during his long career at Fidelity.