Google, on Monday, released an insight into the search trends of Nigerians ahead of Valentine’s Day on Tuesday.
According to the data by Google, Nigeria is currently the top country searching for love in 2023, and since 2004, has been the country searching the most for dating apps worldwide.
In the past week, Google said the search for “the origin of Valentine” also increased by 200%. The data also shows that searches for “Valentine messages for boyfriend” had risen by 300% in the past week, and “Valentine hair style” also surged by 250% over the same period.
Also, “Best dating app in the world” rose by 250%, while “Valentine gift ideas for him in Nigeria” and “Best Valentine’s gift for girlfriend” both increased by 120% in the past week.
Speaking on this trend, the Communications and Public Relations Manager, Google, West Africa, Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade, said these trends showcased the crucial role search plays in helping Nigerians find answers to their most pressing questions, especially during special occasions like Valentine’s Day.
“It underscores the importance of search in these exciting moments,” he said.
Google also revealed that Nigerians were searching for answers to questions related to the holiday. The most trending questions on Valentine’s Day over the past week included:
1. Is Valentine’s Day for Muslim?
2. When was Valentine’s Day created?
3. How to celebrate Valentine’s Day in school?
4. What to do on Valentine’s Day with your boyfriend?
5. How did Valentine come about?
6. Is Valentine worldwide?
7. Who discovered Valentine’s Day?
8. How to wish your boyfriend Happy Valentine’s Day?
9. What to get your boyfriend for Valentine’s Day in high school?
10. How to survive Valentine’s Day alone?
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.