BY: Chibuzor Emejor and Obas Esiedesa
Head of the Surgery Unit, Asokoro General Hospital, Dr. Sule Ahmed, said the condition of victims of the bomb blasts, which erupted at the Police Headquarters, Abuja, is stable.
Ahmed, Coordinator, Federal Capital Territory Emergency Medical Services, told newsmen on Thursday that nine mobile policemen were rushed to the hospital for medical attention.
He said the victims sustained injuries and could not be discharged after treatment as they were placed on close examination to forestall complications.
Ahmed lamented that the incident was the fourth in a year when victims of bomb blasts where brought to the hospital.
However, attempts by newsmen to speak with the blast victims were strongly resisted by them,
One of the victims, Mohammed Azare, was rushed to the National Hospital, where doctors brought him in stable condition, before he was brought out of the emergency unit. after about two hours.
Azare was later seen walking about and was interviewed by a female police officer who refused to identify herself.
When asked about the condition of the victim, she retorted: “I am not in a position to say anything on his condition because I am not a medical doctor”.
Public Relations Officer of the hospital, Akintayo Haastrup, who spoke to reporters, confirmed that the victim had been attended to by a medical team and his condition had stabilised.
By press time, the police had cordoned off major roads leading to the Force Headquarters in Area 11.
The blasts resulted in an unusual traffic gridlock in Abuja metropolis as road users were subjected to harrowing and traumatic experience.
Viewed 17185 times by 3153 viewers