May 25 2012
By Joseph Abiodun
The task force in a press statement signed by its spokesman, Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, said plot to disrupt peace in Borno State has been uncovered by security operatives in the state.
He added that information available to the JTF “Operation Restore Order” revealed that the sect terrorists are planning to cause mayhem as part of deliberate efforts to disrupt the Democracy Day celebration in some parts of Maiduguri.
Musa said: “Members of the group intend to attack identified locations in Maiduguri metropolis and environs.”
He warned members of the sect and others that are planning to breach security to have a rethink as the task force will deal ruthlessly with any one or group that come out trying to jeopardize the success achieved in the state so far.
He said the JTF is determined to ensure that lives and property of law abiding citizens are protected and the state returns back to the path of peace and harmony soonest.
Viewed 3209 times by 1004 viewers1 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo