Dec 7 2012
Tiyamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, was transformed into a Mecca of sorts as EbonyLife TV, Africa’s first global black, multi-broadcast entertainment network set to launch in April next year, commenced a four-day search for Africa’s brightest and newest emerging talents into specific roles for its upcoming bouquet of original, interactive and participatory programming.
Set to be one of Nigeria’s biggest talents search in recent times, EbonyLife TV auditions which started on Monday, December 3, 2012, at Terra Culture, Victoria Island, Lagos, witnessed a massive and passionate attendance from enthusiastic young people from all parts of Nigeria and several African countries, seeking an opportunity to break into the world of fame and fortune.
The panelists, a mix of some of the best local and international judges, had a magnificent time in the rigorous but exciting process which was wrapped up with a two-day closed audition session that finally came to an end successfully yesterday.
EbonyLife TV is set to produce and broadcast over 700 hours of premium and original African content for a global audience. This feat is unprecedented in sub-Saharan Africa, yet it is only one of the network’s many unique selling points. Another point of differentiation of the network is its capacity to reach its target demography across a unique multiplicity of media platforms, including TV, Web, Mobile, Apps and Live.
EbonyLife TV’s content will include drama, comedy, factual, reality, lifestyle, talk and magazine, with its broadcast scheduled to roll out pan African wide on the DStv platform as from April 2013. Its roll out distribution strategy also includes Sky TV in the UK and DISH in the United States, with Brazil, Canada and other parts of Europe coming along.
Viewed 1367 times by 457 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo