Sep 17 2012
By Ibrahim Shuaibu
The Spokesman of the Joint task Force (JTF) in Kano, Lieutenant Ikedichi Iweha told reporters: “I can confirm to you the killing and the arrest of two sect members during an operation we carried out this (Monday).
Lieutenant Iweha, who could not confirm the identity of those arrested, stated that “I cannot confirm to you the identity of those arrested because I don’t have the nominal roll of the sect, but the operation is still going on.”
It was gathered that the person killed and the two who were arrested were among the top most wanted sect members by the security agencies.
There were speculations in Kano on Monday that the sect’s spokesman was one of those arrested during the raid by the security personnel, while sources revealed that among the two arrested included a woman, who is believed to be close to the sect.
Security sources disclosed that the non-disclosure of the details of the arrested sect members was part of the new method by the JTF to hide the identity of sect members who are killed or arrested.
Viewed 1597 times by 356 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo