May 22 2012
By Agency Reporter
Unidentified gunmen on Monday shot dead an assistant superintendent of police in his car in Yobe State, the state’s police chief, Moses Onirepi, told Bloomberg on telephone on Tuesday.
In Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, two civilians were shot dead on Sunday by suspected members of the militant Islamist Boko Haram group, said Victor Ebhaleme, the field operations officer of the Joint Task Force in the state.
One civilian was killed in crossfire in Benesheikh town in Borno when unidentified armed men attacked a police station also on Sunday, state police commissioner, Bala Hassan said.
Viewed 1804 times by 630 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo