Jun 23 2012
by Adelani Adepegba, Abuja
Security sources said Bama, who was nabbed on Thursday, died in his cell on Friday.
Operatives of the Joint Task Force on security had captured the Boko Haram suspect in an ambush and taken him to a military facility for interrogation. He was said to have been wounded during the encounter and later died.
Bama was the suspected mastermind of the bomb attack on the Force Headquarters of the Nigeria Police on June 16, 2011, as well as the United Nations bomb blast, which took place on Aug. 26, 2011.
The State Security Service had on Feb. 14, 2012 declared him wanted for his role in the Madalla bombing that claimed many lives. He was said to have been identified as an accomplice in the attack.
The SSS claimed that Bama, a Kanuri from Bama in Borno State operated under different names, such as Habib Bama, Shuaibu Bama and Habib Mamman.
The SSS deputy director, Media and Publicity, Marilyn Ogar, could not be reached for comments as calls to her phone were blocked.
Viewed 1307 times by 467 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo