Jun 2 2012
By Emmanuel Ugwu
To further ensure a successful triumph over terrorism the military is also focusing on the promotion of civil-military co-operation (CMC), which the military regards as a key weapon in its war against terrorism and other security challenges.
These were among the issues placed on the front burner at a three day training programme with the theme “National Security in the Face of Contemporary Challenges: Focus on Terrorism” held at the headquarters of the 14 Brigade, Ohafia.
The study period was organised for officers and senior non-commissioned officers, 82 Division of the Nigerian Army.
The Commander, 14 Brigade, Brigadier General Tanko Abubakar, who hosted the study period explained that it was, among other things, aimed at “broadening the knowledge of officers and SNCOs on contemporary issues and to sensitize the troops on the trend of challenges faced by security agencies in the modern era.”
Viewed 578 times by 238 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo