Nov 4 2010
By: Austin Ogwuda
THERE was panic at Government House Asaba this afternoon about 3 pm following explosions suspected to be bombs.
No life was however lost.
Although it was not immediately ascertained whether the explosions were bombs, security has been beefed up and the affected area cordoned off.
The blasts which went off eight minutes apart caused panic as security men positioned at the main gate of the Government House ran to the scene.
State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Charles Muka who also visited the scene told reporters that “two explosions actually occurred. We have cordoned off the place as you can see and bomb disposal unit are looking at it. Only two buildings were affected so investigation is on”
Viewed 44042 times by 6926 viewers1 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo