Oct 11 2012
by Mustapha Salihu
The killers were suspected to be members of the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram.
One other FRSC official sustained bullet wounds.
The killing occurred at about 1pm around Madobi Road, near Sani Abacha Youth Centre, in Panshekera, a suburb of Kano metropolis.
The incident came barely 24 hours after two policemen were shot dead by suspected gunmen in the city.
A policeman close to the scene of the incident, who preferred anonymity, told our correspondent that, “A Federal Road Safety Commission patrol vehicle was attacked by gunmen on a motorbike, killing two officers and wounding one.”
Sector Commander of the FRSC, Kano State Command, Zaaki Alkali confirmed the incident to journalists.
He said his men were four in the vehicle when the attackers opened fire on them.
“Two officers died instantly, while one sustained bullet wounds, but the fourth person survived the attack unhurt. It is a very sad incident”, Alkali explained.
Viewed 971 times by 365 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo