Apr 14 2012
By PETER DURU,Makurdi
Making the donation to the Benue State government in Makurdi, Governor Yuguda said he was deeply touched by the unfortunate incident, he stressed that death was inevitable and very painful, adding that the tragedy poses a question to humans to be conscious of death and try to live upright as well as love one another.
He also expressed worry over incessant collapse of buildings in the country, stating that it throws up a big challenge to architects to scrutinize materials used for construction of houses to ensure they are durable.
“If buildings abroad could last for several years, why is the case different in Nigeria? Yuguda questioned.
The Governor therefore prayed God to grant peace to the souls of the departed.
In the same vein, Governor Aliyu Babangida of Niger State also sent his condolence through his Commissioner for Education Dr. Ida Salem Sachi.
Governor Gabriel Suswam thanked both governors for their show of concern, noting that they have shown great leadership qualities.
He particularly appreciated Governor Yuguda for his gesture describing him as demonstrating not just friendship but true statesmanship.
“I am indeed overwhelmed at the show of love by Yuguda. He has brought succor to families of the deceased. I promised to give the money to the affected families”, Suswam pledged.
The Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Makurdi, Athanasius Usuh who received Governor Yuguda at the Bishop House, prayed God to reward him abundantly.
Viewed 860 times by 290 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo