Nov 23 2012
by James Azania, Benin
The incident happened as a witness for Maj.-Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (retd.), a governorship candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party, was being cross-examined.
The man whose identity could not be confirmed as at the time of filing this report, slumped during the resumed hearing of Airhiavbere’s petition challenging the re-election of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.
The man, who dressed in a native attire, fell and hit his head on the floor, resulting in serious bleeding.
Unconfirmed sources at the Central Hospital, Benin, where the man was rushed to, said he was epileptic.
The incident brought to an abrupt end proceedings at the tribunal as members of the panel retired into the inner chambers, while some party leaders left the courtroom to discuss the incident.
Viewed 1292 times by 418 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo