Jul 30 2012
By Abdallah el-Kurebe
The bomb shattered the office of the AIG and his official car and its impact affecting the office of the Divisional Police Officer and other shops opposite the zonal police headquarters.
Speaking with newsmen at the scene of the incidence, the AIG, Alhaji Mukhtari Ibrahim said that the bomber and a police corporal, Ismail were killed while, according to him, eight other police officers had various degrees of injuries.
“We had an unfortunate incident where a suicide bomber rammed into the headquarters with car and killed himself. A police corporal, by name Ismail was also killed and eight other officers we injured,” Ibrahim said.
Also speaking to newsmen, the Deputy Police Commissioner, Kudu Nma said that the office of the Police Officers’ Wives Association, POWA was attacked and the bomber killed.
While saying that all Divisional Police offices have been put on alert, the AIG called on the general public to provide the Police with useful information.
Viewed 754 times by 230 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo