Jul 30 2012
by Agency Reporter
The house had been razed during post-election violence that rocked parts of the North in 2011.
Witnesses said the house, which is being reconstructed, was attacked by three gunmen riding on a motorcycle around 11a.m.
They opened fire on the mobile policemen guarding the property, hitting one in the leg and another in the hand.
A cobbler, who was polishing shoes for one of the policemen, was shot dead in the attack while the gunmen sped off.
The policemen were rushed to Ahmadu Bello Teaching Hospital, Zaria.
The acting spokesman for the state police command, Abubakar Balteh, confirmed the development, saying the cobbler died in the exchange of fire between the policemen and the attackers.
Viewed 841 times by 256 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo