Jan 15 2013
By Ibrahim Shuaibu
THISDAY gathered that the suspect, who allegedly forged a contract to the tune of N300,842,042, was until his arrest a member of staff of the School of Entrepreneurship Kano.
It was further gathered that the suspect allegedly forged the state Ministry of Works and Housing letter headed paper and awarded contract for the construction of a block of classrooms at Sa’adatu Rimi College of Education to ZAPPOS Construction Company Limited in the process.
A statement made available to journalists and signed by the command’s spokesman, Mr. Musa Magaji Majia, an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), stated that the suspect presented papers purportedly signed by a Director of Projects and Planning, Permanent Secretary and Commissioner for Higher Education in the state.
The statement explained that the suspect had already collected the sum of N1.2 million from the state government for the construction company to facilitate the contract.
According to the police command, during investigation, the suspect was said to have confessed committing the offence, while the forged documents were recovered and investigation was still ongoing.
The statement urged residents to “report to the nearest police station anybody found to have suspicious character for immediate action.”
Viewed 10962 times by 1806 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo