Mar 20 2012
By Emma Amaize
A member of the gang was arrested, but others fled and a manhunt has been launched for them.
The spokesman of the Delta State Police Command, Charles Muka, who confirmed the rescue operation, yesterday, however, said that in respect of the bloody incident at Sapele, weekend, only four persons were killed by the gunmen that opened fire at people in a drinking spot and not eight that was reported by the media.
A banker also called Vanguard to say that the bank manager, suspected to have died at the hospital following the shooting was still alive at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH, Benin City, Edo state.
DSP Muka disclosed that the woman, Mrs. Dorcas Okelekea and her children: Emeka (11 years), Trust (10 years) and Love (four years) were kidnapped along the old Ovie Palace Road, Effurun in her black Nissan Quest car with registration number, ES 865, LND, by the gunmen who operated on two motor-cycles.
According to him, the Divisional Police Officer, Ebrumede Police Station, personally mobilized his men and stormed Ogunu in search of the kidnappers.
He said youths in the area assisted with information, which led to the arrest of one Collins Egbeyon, where the woman and her children were released unhurt.
Viewed 3758 times by 1521 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo