Written by Precious Igbonwelundu
The incident which occurred at about 7am at 19b, HFB Way, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, was said to have caved in following a cooking gas explosion.
Also injured were three of the deputy governor’s domestic staff who were said to be at the residence at the time of the collapse.
But for the timely intervention of emergency workers who rushed all victims to St. Maria Hospital in Yaba, the situation would have been more tragic.
Among the injured was the family’s driver who was said to be washing car outside the building.
Confirming the incident, Southwest spokesman of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Ibrahim Farinloye said the cooking gas exploded around 7:15am and was suspected to have caused the collapse.
He said the police anti-bomb squad as well as disaster management unit promptly responded to avert tragedy.
Farinloye who confirmed that the building was the deputy governor’s (Mr. Yomi Awoniyi) house, stated that personnel of the Lagos State Building Control Agency have moved to the scene to determine the next line of action.
Viewed 1990 times by 746 viewers