Tears rolled down the cheeks of many Lagosians when a fire killed a man and his sister-in-law at Igando area, Lagos State.
The man’s wife, Mrs. Osaghale, and three children escaped death by the whiskers as they were rescued with mild burns.
LEADERSHIP gathered that the fire began from the Oseghales flat, located on 57 Authority Avenue. People were said to be asleep when they were woken up by screams by Mrs. Oseghale.
Neighbours who rushed out of their various flats could not do much as they were afraid of being consumed by the raging inferno.
Some courageous men were said to have put up a spirited effort to put out the fire but to no avail.
Before the fire fighters would arrive at the scene, irreparable damage had been done by the fire – the woman’s husband and her sister had died.
The woman had to tear the window net from where she and her three children breathed .
It was the fire fighters who later broke the window from where the woman and her children were rescued. They had sustained various degrees of burns on parts of their bodies.
People wept when they saw the charred remains of Mr Osaghale and his sister in-law identified as Ngozi.
One of the eyewitnesses, Augustine, said he knew the late man as Olorogun Osaghale.
“He was such a nice man. Very kind and friendly,” he said
Viewed 1540 times by 666 viewers