Apr 14 2011
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) arrested 102 suspects for electoral offences nationwide during the National Assembly election.
The INEC boss, Prof. Attahiru Jega, who made this known to journalists yesterday in Abuja, added that the suspects would be prosecuted.
According to the list of electoral offences tabulated on state -by-state basis, the suspects were said to have allegedly been involved in bomb explosion, murder, Boko Haram attack, impersonation and forceful diversion of electoral material.
Other offences for which the suspects would be arraigned include the unlawful possession of firearms, snatching of ballot boxes and undue influence with money and soliciting for votes.
Although no arrest were made over the bomb explosions on the eve of election and during the election day, INEC said 17 people lost their lives in the Suleja and Maiduguri bomb blasts.
The electoral body added that 27 people died from murder, bomb blast, Boko Haram attack before and during the election day.
Viewed 35938 times by 6787 viewers0 Latest Posts
- We ‘re cause of our problems in the North – Sultan
- Tukur dares govs, replaces Oyinlola
- First Lady Off to Germany for Medical Check-up
- Court Remands Kaduna Deputy Speaker in EFCC Custody
- Recruitment: Labour Faults Power Ministry’s Move to Engage HR Consultants
- Police Foil Attempt to Defraud Kano of N300m
- Missing key stalls Ikuforiji’s trial
- Ogun recruits 725 into state public service
- Govs demand role in helicopter crash probe
- How Ajimobi won 2011 Oyo gov poll – Tokyo