The police have said that Thursday’s bomb attack on its headquarters in Abuja, Louis Edet House, was carried out by a suspected suicide bomber.
Force PRO Sola Amore told newsmen in Abuja that two persons died in the explosion which occurred at 11 a.m while 73 cars were damaged.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that this development comes four days after the IG, Hafiz Ringim, announced renewed efforts by the police to eliminate the Boko Haram sect in Borno.
“The police will not succumb to the demands of groups which had been threatening it.”
Amore said that the shattered body of the suspected bomber had been taken away for further investigation.
Asked if the IG felt embarrassed enough to resign over the incident, Amore said no.
Read more later.
Viewed 37676 times by 8878 viewers