The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Etop John James said he received the news from the men of the Special Anti-robbery and Anti-kidnapping Squads on Saturday that 11 kidnapped victims had been rescued.
The CP, who spoke through the command’s Public Relations Officer, Mr
Alberto Adeyemi, said: “After the kidnap, we mapped out strategy, which involved mapping out the whole of the forests in Ekiti. We worked with the armed squad of the Nigerian prisons, the local vigilant group, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, the SSS and even soldiers, to be able to achieve this.”
James added that the Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase, had released 54 operatives from Force Criminal Investigations Department for the operation.
“We have 300 personnel of combined forces for this operation. Where we first visited was Ilejemeje/Ido axis. We combed the whole forest, but no result.
“The next place we combed was Awo-Eyio-Esure forest up to Ekiti State University. In the process of doing this, we were blazing siren just for the kidnappers to know we were close by. That could account for why they ran away and left the victims before they could be rescued.
“We involved local hunters because they are familiar with the terrain. The next operation is on to fish out the kidnappers and we are closing in on them.”
Viewed 2549 times by 984 viewers